The Homesteader’s Natural Chicken Keeping Handbook is the modern homesteader’s guide to raising, feeding, breeding, selling, and enjoying the noblest animal on the farm—the chicken. From the rooster’s crow in the morning, to the warm egg in the nesting box, chickens are the gateway livestock for almost every homesteader and backyard farm enthusiast. In this book, you’ll learn everything you need to know about raising chickens naturally. Fewell guides you in:
- understanding why chickens do what they do
- creating your very own poultry or egg business
- preventing and treating ailments with herbal remedies
- setting up your property, coop, and brooder
- hatching chicks
- purchasing chickens properly
- cooking delicious recipes with your farm fresh eggs and poultry.
This is heritage chicken keeping skills 101, with a modern twist. Not only will you gain knowledge about naturally keeping chickens through every stage of their lives, but you’ll fully embrace the joy and ease of raising all-natural chickens on your homestead.
Author: Amy K. Fewell