The ChickSafe Advance Automatic Chicken Coop Door Opener is a tough and reliable system for automatically opening your coop door in the morning and closing it in the evening as light levels fall, keeping your birds safe and giving you peace of mind.
Running on only 4 x AA batteries (included), our Advance hen house door opener easily fits into any chicken coop with vertical sliding (or hinged) door. The all-in-one design makes setting up a breeze - no messy wiring or limited switches attached to your coop. Simply secure the control box to the front of your coop with the two screws provided, tie the lifting cord to your existing door, and you’re all set! No manual calibration is necessary; the ChickSafe Advance automatically adjusts to the height of your hen house door.
The ChickSafe Advance features a novel mechanism (patent pending) with only one moving part and no mechanical switches for ultimate reliability. Weatherproof and made from UV-resistant materials, it is designed to work in extreme conditions and can lower and raise a door weighing up to 8 Lbs. It features an 'auto-stop' if a chicken is obstructing the door.
Since the ChickSafe works by detecting light levels and looks for slow changes in the light, they aren't affected by car headlights at night. For your convenience, the sensitivity of the falling light level is adjustable, and an indicator shows whether the door is open or closed, if the batteries are low or if there's a fault. The battery level is also shown on the digital display.
The ChickSafe Advance has fully digital menu-driven controls with a programmable real-time clock timer and full manual door control allowing the user to open or close the door at a set time and override the automatic system. By a simple button press, the user can either open or close the door at any time or hold it in its current position until the override is switched off - handy if trying to isolate birds in the hen house.
The ChickSafe Advance also comes with a unique weekend 'lie-in' feature, which allows the user to delay the door opening in the morning on two days out of 7 to a selected time which can be used to keep the birds contained for longer at weekends.
- Easy to fit: self-calibrating
- Fully digital menu-driven controls and display
- Adjustable light sensor and programmable timer
- Weekend 'lie-in' feature• Manual opening/closing feature
- Suitable for -20 to 120°F
- Weatherproof, UV resistant, designed to work in extreme conditions
- Unique, robust mechanism (patent pending)
- 8 Lbs door lifting capacity
- Auto-stop feature if a chicken is obstructing the door
- Powered by 4 AA batteries supplied
- Long battery life - typically one year
- Retains settings when you need to change the batteries
- Indicator visible up to 100 yards away - Door status, low battery warning, fault alert
- Battery level is shown on the digital display
- Easily adjustable light sensitivity for closing
- Not affected by lightning or car headlights
- No minimum or maximum door heights
- Suitable for both external and internally mounted doors
- Low maintenance
- Full 3-year warranty
Note. The ChickSafe Advance opener is designed to operate with up/down sliding coop doors weighing up to 8 Lbs.
Please allow two weeks for delivery. Available for shipment to continental U.S. addresses only.