The Colorado Gardener’s Companion is your guide to cultivating a successful garden in the Centennial State. Whether you are an experienced green thumb or an inquiring novice, whether you live in the mountains, on the Western Slope, along the Front Range, or on the eastern plains, this easy-to-understand guide will help you grow bountiful vegetables, abundant flowers, and lush lawns.
You will learn
- what’s in your Colorado soil, and how to improve it
- how to take advantage of the state’s semiarid climate
- techniques to maximize the short growing season
- the best high-performance plant varieties for your climate
- how to landscape to conserve water
- ways to deal with the challenges of Colorado’s wild weather
- local sources of hands-on assistance with gardening questions
In short, how to succeed in your Rocky Mountain garden.